|ZADOCK E. F. MITCHUSSON & FAMILY
Caldwell/Trigg/Lyon Co., KY
|Rev. Dr. Doug Showalter -- email@example.com|
|See Previous Web Page: Early Mitchussons & Descendants|
1. WILLIAM [Willie] ANN J. MITCHUSSON [female] [b: abt 1837-40] --m: George W. Phillips on 13 Aug 1861 in Trigg Co., KY. Willie's child is enumerated with Zadock's family in the 1860 census.
2. EDWARD W. [WILLIAM?] MITCHUSSON [b: abt 1839: d: 25 May 1856, Trigg Co., KY]
3. NANCY C. MITCHUSSON [b: abt 1840: d: 15 Feb 1856, Trigg Co., KY] --m: [?] Griffin
4. GREGORY HARRISON MITCHUSSON [b: 1842, KY; d: 1924; bur: Newby Cemetery, Lyon Co., KY] --m: Charity M. Flynn [b: abt 1847, Christian Co., KY; d: 21 Aug 1902] on 1 May 1865 in Trigg Co., KY. Charity's father was Patrick Flynn [b: Ireland]; her mother was Matilda Higgins [b: SC?; bur: Higgins Cemetery #1, Trigg Co., KY] who was first married to David Mitchell on 14 Apr 1835. Charity was buried near her husband. The 1880 Trigg Co. census shows aunt Cassandra Shepherd, age 70, living in the house with Gregory and Charity. Gregory was a Pvt. Co. L 8 Ky CAV in Civil War--as was his younger brother Zedric. Gregory's tombstone gives the name as "Gragory." Gregory and Charity's children are said to have been:
---[?]DRURY C. MITCHUSSON [b: abt 1844/5] ??I suspect this was not another child of Zadock and Nancy, but just an alternate name for Zedric D. [below] in the 1850 census.
5. ZEDRIC D.[DRURY?] MITCHUSSON [b: 5 June 1845; d: 5 Feb 1877, Trigg Co., KY] --m: Emeline Nickell on 28 Aug 1864. My line is traced through this couple. SEE GENERATION BELOW
6. MARTHA M. MITCHUSSON [b: abt 1848: d: 21 Dec 1858 in Trigg Co., KY]
7. BENJAMIN MAYFIELD MITCHUSSON [b: 8 Aug 1852, Trigg Co., KY; d: 18 Jan 1929, Trigg Co., KY] --m (2) Nancy (Nannie/Mary?) A. Calhoun [b: abt 1854, Trigg Co., KY; d: 4 Aug 1923; b: Matheny Cemetery] on 29 Jan 1880. Benjamin and Nancy's children may have been:
8. GEORGE ANN MITCHUSSON [b: 2 Jul 1854, Trigg Co., KY; d: 20 Nov 1856, Trigg Co., KY]
9. AILCEY EVELINE CEBELLE (E.C.) MITCHUSSON [b: 10 Oct 1855; d: 12 Nov 1931] --m:  John T. Bloodworth [b: 10 Aug 1847; d: 1 Dec 1895, Trigg Co., KY] on 19 Sept 1872 in Trigg Co., KY and m:  Thomas W. Bush on 19 Dec 1898.
At the time of their marriage, John was age 23, and E. C. was age 17. His parents were from TN. Her name appears as A.E.C. on the marriage license. Cebelle and John are said to have had the following children:
NOTE: It is said that a WILLIAM MITCHUSSON executed a will in Caldwell Co., KY in the 1850's and then died a few years later. Comments about this Will are found in the Quarterly online [Volume 3, Number 4] of the Franklin County, Kansas Genealogical Society of Ottawa, Kansas. Apparently the will indicated William's wish to provide a farm for his slaves and to free them. However, surviving family members did not follow through on his wishes. My question: Which William Mitchusson was this? And does anyone have a copy of that Will or know its exact date?
Zedric enrolled [possibly drafted] in the Union Army as a Private in Company L, 8th Regiment of KY Calvary volunteers. He enrolled 14 Aug 1862 at Trigg Co., KY, reported at Henderson, KY on 13 Sept 1862, was hospitalized with measles on 2 Dec 1862, and after more service was finally discharged honorably on 23 Sep 1863.
Emeline made pension claim #368304 on 12 May 1888 and 7 Mar 1891. However, she received pension #334234. War and Pension records show Zedric's surname spelled "Mitchuson or Michuson." One of Emeline's pension applications indicates that Zedric died of "inflammation, resulting from broken collar bone, incurred by a fall in the U.S. Service + line of duty." At the time of her death from "chronic indigestion," Emeline was living in Energy, Trigg Co., KY at the home of her son William Edward Mitchusson, whose wife Nellie cared for her.
Zedric and Emeline were said to have the following five children, all of whom are mentioned in the 18 Feb 1888 pension application made to the Lyon Co., KY court, as being under age 16 at the time of Zedric 's death:
--WILLIAM HAGGARD MITCHUSSON [b: 15 Mar 1866, Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY: d: 1909] --m: Lou[isa] Ada Bloodworth, possibly on 31 Dec 1898 in Trigg Co., KY. William also known as "Henry" Haggard. Had a son: Zed Jack Mitchusson.
--DORA ANN MITCHUSSON [b: 10 Jan 1868, Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: 11 Apr 1945] --m: George Wheeler Landram on 18 Nov 1888 at Marion, KY.
--NANCY ELIZABETH MITCHUSSON [b: 11 Jan 1870/19 Feb 1871, Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: May 1895] --m: William Alfonzo Higgins [b: 21 Nov 1869, Star Lime Works, Lyon Co., KY; d: 17 Jun 1930, Star Lime Works; bur: Newby Cemetery, Lyon Co., KY] on 4 Jul 1887 in Star Lime Works. William was the son of Newton Higgins and Mary Virginia Saville. After Nancy's death, William married Happa Cora Fulks on 2 Jul 1896. William and Nancy are said to have had two female children:
--BENJAMIN MAYFIELD MITCHUSSON [b: 10 May 1871/73, Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY] --m: Nola Walker.
--JULIA ANN MITCHUSSON [b: 26 Oct 1872/27 Dec 1875, Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: 26 Apr 1959] --m: Stephen O'Bryan on 15 Jan 1886. Julia's birth is listed differently on different pension applications of her mother. My Line Is Traced Through This Couple
--BARNEY BOYD MITCHUSSON [twin] [b: 10/15 Apr/Sept 1885/88, Ironton/Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: 11 Aug 1963 of Congestive heart failure in Trigg Co., KY; bur: Matheny Cemetery, Trigg Co., KY] --m: Nancy Newton [b: 6/7 Aug 1882/5, Ironton, Trigg Co., KY; d: 11 Oct 1927 of Typhoid fever in St. Louis, MO; bur: Oak Hill Cemetery, St. Louis, MO] on 18 Sept 1904 in Dover, Stewart Co., TN by James M. Ross. Nancy was the child of John W. Newton and Maria Mathews. Emeline's child Barney born after Zedric died, his father said to be Doss Calhoun. Boyd and Nancy said to have had 9 children, including:
--GOLDIE MITCHUSSON [twin] [b: 15 Apr/Sept 1885, Ironton/Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: 1887]. Emeline's child Goldie born after Zedric died, her father said to be Doss Calhoun. Goldie said to have burnt to death at age 2.
--WILLIAM EDWARD MITCHUSSON [b: 8/10 May 1888/86, Star Lime Works, Lyon Co., KY/Golden Pond, Trigg Co., KY; d: 21 Feb 1971] --m: Nellie Colston. Emeline's child William born after Zedric died, his father not known for certain.
--ZANRY Mitcheson m: Sary F. Mitchel in Dallas Co., Alabama on 18 Jul 1820.
|With special thanks to Co-Researchers of these MITCHUSSON families:
|Links for Research|
|Other Showalter Sites to Visit!|